Sunday, January 16, 2011

There's a First Time for Everything

They say there's a first time for everything; and I for one, believe it's true.  In all my years living and working with dogs, this is the first time I find myself falling for a Siberian Husky.  The husky I'm speaking of goes by a few different names...Fluffy Bottom, Fluffy B, and Kawi.

Mr. Personality

If you read the description of a Siberian, you would think they wrote it especially for him.  Social, gentle, playful, and mischievous are a few words to describe Kawi.  Many of the huskies I've met in the past show more of an interest in keeping me at a distance, while Kawi invites play with play bows and a big happy smile on his face.  I had such a good time with him recently watching him play in the snow with a 3 month old Siberian.  He was amazingly social and gentle with her and I'm certain that she learned lots of good things from him.

I don't feel I have a lifestyle that is fitting for a husky, as they need an active family who puts rolling around in the snow at the top of their list of fun things to do.  Kawi would love a companion who enjoys winter activities and is interested in teaching him to be a jogging partner (as he should lose a few pounds).   I can picture this guy pulling a sled and loving it!  Wouldn't that be fun!







2 comments:

  1. Kawi is in "foster-to-adopt." He went home with two other dogs. I heard that the meeting he had with the other dogs in our play yard went really well -- Kawi was having a great time. Let's keep our fingers crossed for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kawi was officially adopted today!

    ReplyDelete